Friday, June 11, 2010

good food; good morning


good morning. so today I realized that I am ususally starving about 30 minutes after I wake up in the morning. so, I decided that I would make something filling (not egg and cheese related, because that is my normal diabetic-low carb go to breakfast) and does use up all my morning carbs.
easy- oatmeal. steal ground oats take a minute to cook, but add a packet of splenda and some cinnamon to a bowl and you are set for the day. also throw in a few berries to enhance the flavor.

i also made my breakfast european by adding a few vegetables and half of a boiled egg. mmm.

oatmeal made right though can start you off strong(use your milk in the oatmeal and not to drink) and keep you full past lunchtime. also its good year round!

1 comment:

  1. Great way to start the day. Try replacing splenda (artificial) with stevia (natural) which has zero carbs, zero calories, and zero glycemic index. You can find it at health food stores.

    ReplyDelete